Symptoms of a failed unit and the benefits of using a reconditioned tail shaft;
- Excessive vibration from the underbody of the vehicle
Wear and tear of uni joints or bushes will result in an initial symptom of a vibration feeling from underneath the vehicle. The higher the RPM the more noticeable the feeling will be. This is the first sign of a failed tail shaft and you should get it looked at by a mechanic.
- Noise sounding from underneath the vehicle
Unusual noises coming from the un underbody of your vehicle is another sign of a faulty tail shaft. Noises will include squealing, winding or excessive rattling from underneath the floor. This noise is another symptom that the uni joint or bushes have worn out and are no longer working correctly.
- Shuddering noise and feeling under loadA sign of a faulty tail shaft is the shuddering effect a vehicle gives when accelerating from a low speed. This is generally from a failed centre bearing and the effects can be felt from the shaft all the way up into the cabin. This is another sign that your tail shaft needs replacing.
- Problems with turning
The most concerning symptom of a failed tail shaft is the inability to turn your vehicle in the way it is designed to. In general this would be caused from not replacing a faulty tailshaft after initial warning signs. After excessive damage caused to the tail shaft it can limit the vehicles performance and control of your vehicle and can land you in dangerous situation.
How to replace a failed tail shaft?
We recommend using a professional mechanic to replace your faulty tail shaft as installed incorrectly can cause premature damage. However accessing the vehicle from under a hoist is to most effective way to remove the shaft. After removing the shaft, reinstall the replacement
Where to buy reconditioned tail shafts?
SRP Auto offers a range of Reconditioned tail shafts to suit your vehicle needs. Located in Bayswater Victoria, and with a national distribution system that allows you to receive your tail shaft promptly and be back on the road within days.
Benefits of buying reconditioned over new or second hand tail shafts?
- More cost effective than OEM
- Refitted with brand new componentry
- Balanced on a highly sophisticated machine
When replacing with a second hand tail shaft, beware that there can be inherited issues from the previous vehicle and there is no guarantee on quality, that’s why we recommend using a reconditioned tail shaft.
Vehicles that SRP offers reconditioned Tail Shafts for;
|Ford Falcon||Volkswagen Amarok|
|Ford Fairlane||Volkswagen Toureg|
Need a replacement Tail Shaft? Call one of our Professional team members today